For your Maker is your husband,
The Lord of hosts is His name;
And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel;
He is called the God of the whole earth.
Isaiah 54:5 (NKJV)
Names of the Lord Our Husband
Isaiah 54:5 shows us several names that are specific to the Lord as our Husband.
- Our Maker is our Husband.
- Our Husband’s name is the Lord of Hosts.
- Our Redeemer is our Husband.
- Our Husband is the Holy One of Israel.
- Our Husband is called the God of the whole earth.
The Lord Our Husband, the Holy One of Israel
The Lord our Husband as the Holy One of Israel, shows our Husband in context of being sovereign over the nation of Israel. Perhaps we may not be direct members of the nation of Israel, but we can learn about our role in the Kingdom of Heaven and our role with the Lord our Husband, the Holy One of Israel. As members of the Kingdom of Heaven, our Husband’s people are to be a pure and holy nation that turns toward Him—not away from Him and provoking Him to anger. We have responsibility for our individual selves. We are also part of a Kingdom and our behavior impacts more than just us individually. In addition for repenting for yourself and your generations, please include in this section repenting on behalf of your nation of provoking the Holy One of Israel to anger of the items listed below. In replacement, please ask the Lord your Husband, the Holy One of Israel, how you are to interact in your Husband’s Kingdom with others to encourage their relationship with Him.
- Provoking our Husband, the Holy One of Israel to anger by the following (Is 1:4):
- Being a sinful nation
- Being laden with iniquity
- Being a brood of evil doers
- Being corrupt children
- Forsaking the Lord
- Turning away backward from our Husband, the Holy One of Israel
- For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel:
“In returning and rest you shall be saved;
In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.”
Isaiah 30:15 (NKJV)
I invite you to take time with the Lord your Husband, the Holy One of Israel, and ponder these items for growth in your daily walk with Him.
Please ask the Lord your Husband, the Holy One of Israel the following:
- In what areas of your life do you need to return to the Holy One of Israel?
- What needs to be put into place for this to be successful?
- What does returning and resting for salvation and deliverance in the Holy One of Israel look like for situations you currently face?
- What do you need for quietness and confidence to be your strength in returning to your Husband, the Holy One of Israel?
- In taking a look at the bigger role you participate in the Kingdom that goes beyond being responsible for yourself as an individual, what areas is the Lord calling you to on a larger scale to impact the relationship of others in your city, community and/or nation in their relationship to the Holy One of Israel?
- What steps need to be implemented to put this calling into action?
- What is the Lord’s timeline for the steps to be implemented?
Copyright 2016 Rivkah Isaacs