For your Maker is your husband,
The Lord of hosts is His name;
And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel;
He is called the God of the whole earth.
Isaiah 54:5 (NKJV)
Names of the Lord Our Husband
Isaiah 54:5 shows us several names that are specific to the Lord as our Husband.
- Our Maker is our Husband.
- Our Husband’s name is the Lord of Hosts.
- Our Redeemer is our Husband.
- Our Husband is the Holy One of Israel.
- Our Husband is called the God of the whole earth.
The Lord Our Husband, the Holy One of Israel
As we continue praying through the area of culture in our Nation of the family, we shift our focus from the Lord our Father to our relationship with Him as the Lord as our Husband. There are several aspects to the nature of the Lord our Husband. He is our Maker; He is the Lord of Hosts; He is our Redeemer; He is the Holy One of Israel; and He is the God of the whole earth. Focusing on the Lord our Husband as the Holy One of Israel fits our purpose of praying for healing for our Nation in context of the family. As the bride of Christ and members of the royal priesthood, it is imperative that we are in right relationship with our King and Bridegroom. The Holy One of Israel is Husband and sovereign ruler over the nation of Israel. Much can be learned in Scripture how we are to relate to the Lord our Husband that would impact the culture of our families and Nation. In addition, when we live in right relationship with the Holy One of Israel, we then live in agreement with the covenant of peace the Lord made to the nation of Israel and the Jews. Let us join together in repenting of how we have sinned individually, generationally and as a Nation against the Lord as our Husband, the Holy One of Israel.
Repentance and Replacement
As a member of the royal priesthood, please repent of not being in right relationship with the Lord our Husband, the Holy One of Israel, on behalf of us individually, our generations and our Nation for (items in regular font)…
As a member of the royal priesthood and the bride of Christ, please replace (items in italicized font)…
- Provoking our Husband, the Holy One of Israel to anger by the following:
- Being a sinful nation
- Being laden with iniquity
- Being a brood of evil doers
- Being corrupt children
- Forsaking the Lord
- Turning away backward from our Husband, the Holy One of Israel
- For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: “In returning and rest you shall be saved; In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.” Isaiah 30:15 (NKJV)
- For despising, spurning, contemning, and abhorring the Word of the Holy One of Israel, our Husband
- For participating in self-sabotage by not heeding the instructions of how to live in the fullness of provision and the blessings of the covenant of the Lord our Husband
- The Lord our Husband, the Holy One of Israel is also our Redeemer. Please allow Him to redeem you from any consequences of despising His Word that has come through you or your generations. He takes delight in living in covenant relationship with you. In addition, He can and wants to heal any areas in your life that are the roots of your self-sabotage. The Lord your Husband, Redeemer and the Holy One of Israel will help you.
- “Fear not, you worm Jacob, You men of Israel! I will help you,” says the Lord And your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel. Isaiah 41:14 (NKJV)
Copyright 2016 Rivkah Isaacs